Fujifilm today has officially announced the new X-S10 X-mount mirrorless camera, and the new XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS WR Lens. The US price for Fujifilm X-S10 starts at $999, now available for pre-order at B&H Photo Video/Adorama/Amazon. The US price for XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS WR lens is $599, now available for pre-order at B&H Photo Video/Adorama/Amazon.
Fujifilm Introduces X-S10 Mirrorless Digital Camera
Up to 6.0-stops of In-Body Image Stabilization in a compact, lightweight body
Valhalla, N.Y. – October 15, 2020 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced the launch of FUJIFILM X-S10 (X-S10), the newest addition to the X Series family of compact and lightweight mirrorless digital cameras. X-S10 is expected to be available in November with two lens kit options.
Equipped with key features including the 26.1MP X-TransTM CMOS 4 sensor, and the high- speed image processing engine, X-Processor 4, as well as In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS), the X-S10 offers maximum functionality in a compact body.
“X-S10 is a perfect fit for anyone who needs a lightweight imaging solution with professional features for both photo and video,” said Victor Ha, senior director of marketing and product management for FUJIFILM North America Corporation’s Electronic Imaging Division. “It offers something for everyone; the popular AUTO/SP (Scene Position) Mode automatically adjusts camera settings to produce stunning images without the need to make fine adjustments to image settings. The advanced video capabilities can either produce sharp 4K/30P 4:2:2 10-bit video or high-speed full-HD video at 240fps, and the vari-angle LCD screen can also be flipped forward 180 degrees, giving everyone from photographers and filmmakers to vloggers and hobbyists something to love about this camera.”
Main product features:
A newly developed, smaller IBIS for its compact body
- The camera’s IBIS mechanism is approximately 30% smaller in volume and weight than the previous, similar X Series model*1. Despite its small size, weighing just 465g (1.02lb), X-S10 delivers up to 6.0-stops*2 of five-axis image stabilization. It is also the first mid-range X Series camera to use a motion sensor retention mechanism, which is a mechanical shock absorber that guards against slight vibrations that may come from the shutter unit, adding another level of stability beyond what was previously available in X Series products to ensure that image clarity and resolution are maintained.
- To further assist with hand-held stability, X-S10 features a large, ergonomic magnesium- alloy grip, making it easy to keep the camera stable when large lenses are mounted. The design also features a magnesium-alloy front and top-plate to keep the body rigid and robust.
Legendary Film Simulation Modes and updated AUTO functions for outstanding image quality
- FUJIFILM Film Simulation Modes were created to celebrate the history of photographic film by digitizing some of the industry’s most iconic analog films. X-S10 features 18 Film Simulation Modes, including ETERNA Bleach Bypass, which creates a beautiful, desaturated, high-contrast look.
- To complement these Film Simulation Modes, X-S10 also offers an updated [AUTO / SP (Scene Position)] mode that automatically adjusts shooting settings to the given scene, without the need to make further, fine adjustments in Settings. Now, photographing landscapes with clarity and vivid colors, making portraits with beautiful skin tones, and creating evenly-balanced images in back-lit conditions are possible, regardless of skill level.
Dependable AF and High-Speed Burst Mode performance for those important moments
- The combination of X-S10’s high-speed AF and AF-tracking performance with the X- TransTM CMOS 4 sensor’s 2.16 million phase detection pixels and X-Processor 4’s computing power provides quick and accurate autofocus results, achieving focus in as fast as 0.02 seconds in some cases, even at -7.0 EV*3.
- X-S10 is equipped with high-precision Tracking AF for moving subjects and Face/Eye AF function to track a subject’s face and eyes.
- Offers blackout-free, high-speed burst shooting of 30fps with the electronic shutter and 8fps when using the mechanical shutter*4.
Vari-angle LCD monitor and viewfinder that supports three Boost modes
- X-S10 has a vari-angle LCD monitor that can rotate up to 180 degrees, making it useful not only for selfies but also for stills and videos taken from various camera positions.
- The viewfinder’s Live View function has three Boost modes available, including Low
Light Priority, Resolution Priority Model, and Frame Rate Priority.
Extensive video-recording functions
- X-S10 generates 4K video from the amount of data equivalent to 6K to ensure the footage is in high resolution with low noise. It supports recording 4K/30p 4:2:0 8-bit video onto an SD card inserted in the camera, and outputting 4K/30p 4:2:2 10-bit video via the HDMI port.
- The X-S10 camera is also capable of high-speed full-HD recording at 240fps, producing up to 10x slow-motion footage of a fast-moving subject’s split-second motion.
- In addition to X-S10’s IBIS, its Digital Image Stabilization (DIS) mode powerfully compensates for camera shake even when walking with the camera. Adding IS Mode Boost provides even more stabilization, nearly eliminating camera shake when it is used from a fixed, hand-held position.
- With a dedicated movie recording button on its top-plate, X-S10 lets users start recording video even when the camera is set to stills mode. It will also automatically set exposure and focus settings if the camera is in an AUTO shooting mode*5.
Pricing and Availability
X-S10 is expected to be available in the U.S. and Canada markets commencing November 2020 in black color, and will be offered in both a body-only and two XF lens kit options.
FUJIFILM X-S10 body-only: $999.95 USD / $1,349.99 CAD
FUJIFILM X-S10 with XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R lens kit: $1,399.95 USD / $1,899.99 CAD
FUJIFILM X-S10 with XF16-80mmF4 R OIS WR lens kit: $1,499.95 USD / $2,049.99 CAD
For more information, please visit https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/products/cameras/x-s10/.
*1 When compared with the IBIS function featured in the FUJIFILM X-T4 mirrorless digital camera
*2 Offering a 6.0-stop advantage to 20 out of the 30 currently available, interchangeable X Series lenses (XF/XC lenses)
*3 Referenced performance available using the X-S10 with an XF50mmF1.0 lens
*4 High-speed continuous shooting without blackout (i.e. without the viewfinder going dark during shooting, causing the user to lose sight of the subject) applies only when using the X-S10 electronic shutter.
*5 The AF mode automatically switches to Continuous AF in these instances.
Fujifilm Introduces FUJINON XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR lens
Newly updated, ultra-wide angle zoom lens features weather-resistance and more
Valhalla, N.Y., October 15, 2020 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the FUJINON XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR Lens, the 36th interchangeable lens designed for Fujifilm’s X Series digital camera system. The lens, an update to the current FUJINON XF10-24mmF4 R OIS Lens, also features significant design and usability updates.
The new XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR Lens is an ultra-wide zoom lens covering focal lengths from 10mm to 24mm (equivalent to 15mm – 36mm in the 35mm format). “XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR packs many updated features including an f-stop scale on its aperture ring, an Auto-position lock, and a new weather-resistant design,” said Victor Ha, senior director of marketing and product development for FUJIFILM North America Corporation. “We’re confident that this lens will be a top choice among landscape and nature photographers who need an ultra-wide angle zoom lens designed to withstand the elements.”
Additionally, the internal structure has been redesigned to make the focus and zoom rings slimmer, giving the XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR lens a lower overall weight than its predecessor by 25g (.88 oz). Also, Optical Image Stabilization has been extended in the new version by 1 stop, bringing the total stabilization effect of the new lens to 3.5 stops.
The new lens utilizes the same optical design from the original XF10-24mm OIS Lens to provide similar image-resolving performance and also has a maximum aperture of F4.0 across the zoom lens’ entire focal length range.
Main product features
A new, weather-resistant design and usability updates
- Updated aperture ring with f-stop scale and Auto-position lock
The aperture ring of the new XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR lens has been updated with an f- stop scale to allow photographers to visually check what aperture the lens is set to, eliminating the need to check through the camera’s EVF or LCD Display. The ring also features an Auto-position lock, similar to that found on Fujifilm’s GF lenses, which is designed to prevent unexpected aperture ring movements, and ultimately ensure the photographer’s shooting efficiency.
- Added weather-resistance features
This new lens is both dust and moisture resistant, is able to operate in temperatures as low as 14°F (-10° C) and weighs 0.88 ounces (25 grams) less than the previous model, despite the addition of the weather resistant features.
- Improved optical image stabilization
A new, sophisticated gyro sensor used in this lens improves image stabilization by 1.0 stop from the previous model, to 3.5 stops. When used with a new X Series camera, like FUJIFILM X-T4, the lens and camera work together to achieve approximately 6.5 stops of 5-axis image stabilization.
Optical design that delivers advanced image resolving performance
- The new lens consists of 14 lens elements, including four aspherical elements and four extra-low dispersion elements, in 10 groups. The aspherical elements are designed to minimize spherical aberration, field curvature and distortion, while the extra-low dispersion elements are designed to correct chromatic aberration, delivering crisp, edge- to-edge sharpness. Despite its compact form factor, the lens can maintain the maximum aperture of F4.0 across its focal length range from the ultra-wideangle 10mm to wide- angle 24mm (equivalent to 15mm – 36mm in the 35mm format), while still allowing users to keep a constant f-stop value at any focal length.
- The front lens element is carefully coated to minimize ghosting, which tends to occur with the extremely concave elements normally found on an ultra-wide angle zoom lens, to give a high level of image sharpness and clarity.
- With a minimum working distance of just 24cm (9.5in), the lens is also suitable for macro-style photography. Use the lens to close in on a subject while also taking in the background at the same time, thereby creating powerful images that take maximum advantage of the available ultra-wideangle focal lengths.
Fast and near-silent autofocus (AF)
- The use of lightweight focusing elements and a high-precision motor allows for fast and near-silent AF, even when using it with an X Series cameras’ Face / Eye AF functions.
Pricing and Availability
The new FUJINON XF10-24mmF4 R OIS Lens is expected to be available in the U.S. and Canada markets commencing November 2020. Pricing for the lens will be at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $999.95 USD and $1,349.99 CAD.
For more information, please visit https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/products/lenses/xf10-24mmf4-r- ois-wr/.