Fujifilm has just released a new firmware version 4.00 for X-T3 mirrorless camera. The Firmware version 4.00 is available for download now. You can take a look at below to see the details of new firmware:
The firmware update Ver.4.00 from Ver.3.30 incorporates the following issues:
1) The update will improve the autofocusing performance of the X-T3 to the same level as the “FUJIFILM X-T4”(X-T4).
- The fastest AF speed has been improved from 0.06 seconds to 0.02 seconds, equivalent to the performance of the X-T4.
- The algorithm for predicting subject movements has been updated.
- AF tracking performance has been doubled*. Press the shutter button halfway down when a subject is in the focus area to maintain focus on the subject with a higher level of accuracy.
- The Face Tracking / Eye AF performance has been upgraded. The algorithm has been re-written to double* the tracking performance of the Eye AF in continuous shooting modes.
- The update allows the camera AF to work in low light levels down to -7EV**, facilitating fast and highly-accurate phase detection AF even in near darkness.
- The new firmware adds the “Focus Limiter” function which gives a pre-define specific focus range.
* When compared with the Firmware Ver.3.30.
** When using the FUJINON Lens XF50mmF1.0 R WR.
2) Other improvements.
- The size of the Single AF point can be adjusted during video recording.
- Photo ratings can be read by third-party software, allowing users to find their favorite pictures quickly.
- The focus point can be changed by the focus lever during AE lock.
- The default setting of the AF-S PRIORITY SELECTION in the RELEASE/FOCUS PRIORITY of the SHOOTING menu is changed to FOCUS from RELEASE.
3) Fix of minor bugs.